Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Almond Butter

It used to be that only my sister did weird food experiments, but now my diet and pinterest have me doing it too.  I've made almond butter a few days ago, since I love natural almond butter and it is so expensive.

Soak a cup of almonds in spring or bottled water for about 6 to hours if you do it longer it will begin to lose its flavor, which mine did, but my mother doesn't seem to mind and my jar is a quarter down already.

Blend your almonds in a food processor and add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil.  Put your finished product in a class jar with a tight lid and refrigerate.

I would skip soaking, but you want to work smarter not harder and if you don't soak them at all it takes a lot longer to blend in the food processor and you run the risk of blowing out your motor if you make it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment